Posts Tagged ‘Book Blogger Hop’
OMG seriously? oh jeez…I like just about anything although funny to say, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth I prefer savory treats instead. But! let’s see…Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, O’Henry, anything really. Yet if you were to ask me what I don’t like? I hate Rockets. I used to hate those things during Halloween when I was a kid and would grumble under my breath when the person would hand those out. The dude that gave out pencils was much cooler then the people who would give out Rockets. Cheap bastards. 😛
Anyway! no Rockets here. I got some Shepherd’s Pie that needs to go though want some? 🙂 gravy included. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Today’s question is a good one!
“What is your favorite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story, etc.)?”
– I have several! the first, is The Curse of the Blue Figurine by John Bellairs. This is a favorite book from my childhood. I absolutely loved his books when I was a kid (I still have some of them in my library!) they were creepy (still are) and reading them during those rainy windy nights in the Fall was perfect!
– The other two spooky books I love are The Strain and The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. The last book in this trilogy; The Night Eternal is due out soon! and I really can’t wait for it to come out!
So what did you come up with? there’s leftover pumpkin pie! help yourselves and thanks for stopping by!
Today’s question is: What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation?
– Several things:
1. Hockey season (GO CANUCKS)
2. The release of The Night Eternal by Guillermo Del Toro/Chuck Hogan
4. Cooler temperatures, and rainy days
5. My mini weekend vacation with the hombre and our friends to a cabin
6. Did I mention Hockey season?
What are your answers? thanks for stopping by! enjoy your stay, and have some Dr Pepper (cherry flavored) it’s new apparently. It’s actually quite good.
Today’s question is: Do you have pets?
Why yes I do! I have one furbaby named Coco (although he’s nicknamed lots of things, such as The Crisp, and beastie, or lazy beast if you will). He’s about 12 years old (human years) so he’s getting on. He’s still my furbaby though. He also knows I love to read, so where I’m reading, he’s nearby snoozing and keeping me company 🙂
Thanks for stopping by! ginger snaps for everybody!
Today’s Book Blogger Hop question is: “What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?”
– It’s a tie between Wizard’s First Rule (which I hated, and if I could, I’d demand a refund on my time wasted) and The Sword of Shannara (which is ten times better than Wizard’s First Rule and time well spent) or, Dragons of Summer Flame (which is AN EXCELLENT BOOK)
I normally don’t read chunky books, but when I’m feeling like going on an epic fantasy trip I’d pick those up. They do go by fast if you’re really interested in the story.
Ok! what did you guys answer? ice cream for everybody! 😀
Today’s Question from the Hop is: “What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”
– Easy. It’s The Night Eternal by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It’s the last and final book of The Strain Trilogy and it’s due out this fall. I REALLY WANT THIS. SERIOUSLY. I want to know what happens!!!! it’s such a great series so far, if you haven’t picked it up, do so!!!
What about you guys? thanks for following! BBQ goodies for everyone!
Today’s Hop question is:
What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?
– That I wish to get into? hmmm…I have to stop and think about this for a moment. Ah! I got it!
Plain Ol’ contemporary/literary fiction. Things like the hombre likes to read; books by Irvine Welsh for example, or Camus. I tried. I’m talking about adult contemporary fiction not YA (which I can read just fine). There’s just something about it that I can’t seem to get into. If I do like some of them, they’re very few and far between. Why? I’m not sure but in the past the ones I’ve tried reading I found the writing very flowery, almost like poetry, dry and boring. It’s almost like reading a book that school is forcing you to read. It take a while to read, and by the end of it you’re brain dead and have to take a breather from reading because the brain hurts. I could give a real proper example but I seriously can’t think of one.
Today’s post comes with gazpacho for those hot summer days! feel free to grab some!! 🙂 thanks for stopping by!