Archive for the ‘Meme’ Category
Today’s question is: “When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”
– Oh wow, that’s a great question. Reading was always a part of my life, ever since I was little. My parents would read to me as a child to improve their English. Eventually it would be me correcting them when a word was mispronounced🙂 my mom was a huge reader. She would buy me books from Scholastic when I was a kid and read them with me. (I recall having to carry a huge pile of books from school – she ordered them not me, but I read them anyway) As I grew older, we both would take massive amounts of books from the library. Eventually I started having to buy books for her at the thrift store, she’d run through those like water! My dad reads, but not as much. He’s more of a poetry kind of reader. He still loves to read as well, although our tastes differ greatly. I noticed I had a great passion in books when I noticed everywhere I was I had to have a book with me. I noticed whenever I went to libraries or book stores I’d spend hours there and it would have a calming effect on me – especially on bad days. Books are a way for me to escape and I love every minute of it.
I’d have to say, I give my parents a huge thanks for introducing me a great passion for reading and books.
Thanks for coming! here, have some cheesecake🙂
Today’s question is: “How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?”
– I remember this question was asked before. I didn’t have much at the time. Then somehow it grew at a very high alarming rate and just looking at it makes me happy because I know I’m not going to run out any time soon, but also makes me cringe because at this rate I’ll probably “get around to it” sooner or later. So, honestly, I can’t even begin to count.
What about you guys? there’s lemon cake for all!!!🙂 oh and Happy Father’s Day!
Ok the image didn’t work when I copied and pasted…hrm. No problem! today’s question is an awesome one!
“WHO IS THE ONE AUTHOR THAT YOU ARE DYING TO MEET?
Today’s question is: “What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?”
Answer: The Harry Potter ones were pretty good! although a few of them sort of left out the good parts of the book (you can’t all be perfect). The worst book to movie for me was The Other Boleyn Girl. Seriously..that was so bad I was so happy I read the book first.
What about your answers?
If you’re from the Hop, hi!🙂 here have some apricot butterscotch scones!
Today’s Question is: “If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?”
– This one is a hard one. I have several options.
1. Harry Potter’s world. YES I WANT TO GO TO A SCHOOL LIKE THAT! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
2. Krynn (Dragonlance). I want to hang out with Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Even though that might get me into trouble.
3.Faerun (Forgotten Realms). Maybe hang out with Drizzt for a while….
4. Sitia (Poison/Magic Study). VALEK IS HERE!
That’s all I can think of right now. I’d be travelling to quite a few places🙂
so what did you come up with!? share your answers (or provide a link) and in the meantime, here! have some lemon tarts!🙂
Today’s Question is: “If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?”
– Yes! of course! chances are their writing is consistent so you’re bound to be reading an awesome book each time. I also give authors that I didn’t enjoy a second chance. Everybody deserves one. We all have our off days!🙂
so! if you’re from the hop stop by and say hi! CHOCOLATE FOR EVERYONE! whhheee!!!
Note: please excuse my lack of posts lately. I’ve been busy with work and hockey playoffs😀
Have a Great Easter everyone!
Today’s question is: “If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?”
– I’d have to go with anywhere in the world of Krynn (this is featured in Dragonlance). I’ve always loved that setting. It’s the perfect place to escape. (Especially in a tavern somewhere)🙂
If you’re from the Hop, um…the only thing I have are muffins from Tim Hortons. Take your pick.🙂 Enjoy your weekend everybody!