Archive for the ‘Meme’ Category
Today’s question is: “What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?”
Answer: The Harry Potter ones were pretty good! although a few of them sort of left out the good parts of the book (you can’t all be perfect). The worst book to movie for me was The Other Boleyn Girl. Seriously..that was so bad I was so happy I read the book first.
What about your answers?
If you’re from the Hop, hi! :) here have some apricot butterscotch scones!
Today’s Question is: “If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?”
- This one is a hard one. I have several options.
1. Harry Potter’s world. YES I WANT TO GO TO A SCHOOL LIKE THAT! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
2. Krynn (Dragonlance). I want to hang out with Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Even though that might get me into trouble.
3.Faerun (Forgotten Realms). Maybe hang out with Drizzt for a while….
4. Sitia (Poison/Magic Study). VALEK IS HERE!
That’s all I can think of right now. I’d be travelling to quite a few places :)
so what did you come up with!? share your answers (or provide a link) and in the meantime, here! have some lemon tarts! :)
Today’s Question is: “If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?”
- Yes! of course! chances are their writing is consistent so you’re bound to be reading an awesome book each time. I also give authors that I didn’t enjoy a second chance. Everybody deserves one. We all have our off days! :)
so! if you’re from the hop stop by and say hi! CHOCOLATE FOR EVERYONE! whhheee!!!
Note: please excuse my lack of posts lately. I’ve been busy with work and hockey playoffs :D
Have a Great Easter everyone!
Today’s question is: “If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?”
- I’d have to go with anywhere in the world of Krynn (this is featured in Dragonlance). I’ve always loved that setting. It’s the perfect place to escape. (Especially in a tavern somewhere) :)
If you’re from the Hop, um…the only thing I have are muffins from Tim Hortons. Take your pick. :) Enjoy your weekend everybody!
Today’s question is: “Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?”
- That depends. Most of the time, I have several going at once. But if the book is really good, or it’s due then I make sure that one gets read first. It can be confusing, to maintain different books at once, but that’s why it’s better that I read one from each genre I like. That way, it doesn’t get that confusing :)
So! what are your answers? if you’re from the Hop, welcome! I just made some chocolate Guinness cupcakes! enjoy!
Today’s question is an interesting one: “If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?”
- 80 bucks? THANKS! I’m gonna go shopping!! I’ve been dying for some book shopping. My choices:
1. People’s Queen – Vanora Bennett
2. Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
3. Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
4. St Thomas Eve – Jean Plaidy
5. Veracity – Laura Bynum
6. Dirty Little Secrets – C J Omololu
7. Feed – Mira Grant
That’s it! can I have some more..got more books to buy :)
Today’s question: “Who’s your all-time favorite book villain?”
- What a bloody awesome question!!!! and it took me a while to figure out a good answer. There is only one I can think of that stands out the most for me.
The Baron Vladimir Harkonnen from the Dune series.
Now it’s been a while since I picked up Dune although I plan to do so again. Yet the Baron stood out a lot for me. He ranks pretty high up there on my list. He’s ruthless, evil, cruel, and manipulates others by discovering their weaknesses. Besides that, he also treats his family just the same. So he’s ranked pretty ruthless and nasty. I was going to vote for Voldemort or maybe even Saruman, but I think the Baron surpasses both of them. Big time.
What’s your answer?
If you’re from the Hop, hi! and welcome! enjoy your stay! poutine for everybody!
Today’s question is an easy one :)
“Tell us about one of your posts from this week and give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise)!”
- Since I just posted a review on Thursday evening, I’ll choose that link as it was an excellent book and I recommend it (especially to YA readers!)
What are your links? let me know! and hi from the Hop! chocolate cupcakes for everybody!!!!
Today’s Question: “What are you reading now and why are you reading it?”
I’m reading two books at the moment: I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore and The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink.
Why am I reading them? couple of reasons. I heard lots of good hype from these books and wanted to see for myself what the hype is all about. Another reason, they’re due soon. So I might as well get to it and read them. :)
Okay! so what are you answers? if you’re from the Hop, please feel free and stop by! there’s tea, coffee and some Chinese New Year cake (red bean cake) for you to have. Don’t forget to pet the furbaby!
Have a great weekend!